We’ll only be as good in our work as the skills we possess. But the question is which skills in India are considered high-income skills, and how to keep pace with it?
The world is changing, India is changing and so do the skills that are required in today’s world – but some jobs in India are changing faster than others.
To properly understand this we need to first understand what are these High-Income skills? How to define them?
WHICH SKILLS ARE CONSIDERED HIGH-INCOME SKILLS IN INDIA?
A high-income skill in India can be any skill that helps you generate $10K a month or at least $100,000 a year.
With proper effort and hard work, you can make any skill into High-Income skill.
Picasso’s Nude, Green Leaves, and Bust, a painting which he created in a single day were sold for $106.5 million dollars.
But there are only a few skills that can promise you to earn good money if you have developed the right skill set. The idea is to know which these are and how you can take them to the next level.
If the skills given below are developed and practised regularly with a proper adaptation to the changes in the field then you’ll be rewarded handsomely for your hard work.
Copywriting a text form of salesmanship. Copywriters create high-quality content for organizations, corporations or small businesses for advertising or another form of marketing.
Such as newspaper ads, billboards, magazine ads, catalogues, blogs, social media posts, yellow pages, email ads, the script for radio and TV commercials, taglines etc.
What makes Copywriting one of the High-Income skills in India?
A fresher copywriter could make anywhere in the $25 to $35 per hour. Roughly $52,000 and $62,000 a year. While an experienced copywriter can make $200,000 a year.
Requirements to become a good copywriter:
1. Writing skills- Practice makes man/woman perfect. Your writing quality depends upon the practice you put on the skill. Start with writing 1 page a day describing a person, place or a thing. Then keep reviewing how you can improve word structure, grammar, and spellings.
2. Creativity- to create original work you need creativity. Try to find creative inspirations, Ask the right questions, start brainstorming creative thoughts every day.
3. Social Perceptiveness- a copywriter must always have a finger on the right nerves. Study social psychology to understand the mindset of people
4. Persuasion- a copywriter needs to know how to write persuasively because it’s a form of salesmanship. Try taking inspirations from other copywriters on how to develop persuasive writing.
Digital marketing is any form of marketing products or services that involve digital medium.
It’s in Demand Profession with freelance work opportunity with great pay, since marketing has gone digital and by 2020 digital advertising will be 44.6% of total ad revenue and to grow to $227 billion around the world.
What makes Internet Marketing one of the High-Income skills in India?
Chief marketing officers can earn up to $245,000 a year and advertising, promotions and marketing managers earned a median wage of $127,560 in 2016
Digital marketing can be learned through various paid or free online courses.
Aspects of Digital Marketing include- Social media marketing, Search engine optimization, Search engine marketing, Content marketing, Email marketing
Some essential requisite skills expected from a digital marketer:
1. Analytical ability
2. Good command over the English language
3. Content writing
4. Communication or interpersonal skills
5. Sales skills
6. Good copy and visual storytelling abilities
CLOSING A SALE
The process of making a sale is also called closing a sale.
Salesmanship is the greatest skill in the world because to become a successful salesman you need to develop your complete personality. This is why the world’s greatest salesmen are one of the richest people.
What makes Selling one of the High-Income skills in India?
On average, Sales managers earned $117,960 in 2016.
Skills you need to master in order to become great at selling:
1. Communications and public relations in order to build a mutually benefitting relations between organizations and their publics a good communication skill is very important. This requires proper PR strategy- keeping in mind your goals and objectives, targeting audience, key message, and time frame
2. listening skills- Hearing is the physical ability, while listening is an It’s so important that some organizations provide training to their sales employees
3. Resilience and Grit with proper Preparation – The Best Sales Reps Are Hard Workers and they are always Prepared
4. Empathy- A Much Needed Sales Skill.
5. Self-motivation and Competitiveness.
Financial management requires an analyst mindset, knowledge of current events around the world and being comfortable with numbers.
Companies as well as individuals seek good financial analyst to prepare a financial forecast, assessment of risks and analyze trends and build a proper investment plan and other duties to keep the company in good financial standing.
What makes Financial Management one of the High-Income skills in India?
With at least 5 years of experience, financial managers/ advisors earn the median wages of $121,750 per year
Financial management skills require time to perfect.
Read more: 25+ Killer future business ideas for a super successful startup by 2020 in India
To develop this skill a person must have:
1. Discipline in the field
2. Daily Reading habit
3. Required touch with current macroeconomic happenings around the world
4. Being a conscious consumer
5. Development of analytical ability with commercial acumen
LIFE COACH, CONSULTANT, & TRAINING
With good teaching skills, a career as an adviser, consultant or life coach can be built.
Jobs that require leading or educating about products or company are in high demand.
People are always looking for a mentor, a guide, a teacher for consulting about their work, life, relationship etc.
What makes Coaching/Consulting/Training one of the High-Income skills in India?
A life coach or a consultant can easily make a six-figure income and as of 2017 total pay for a life, a coach can be up to $209,400.
Skills that are required to become a life coach or consultant or trainer:
1. Communication and listening skills- communication and listening skills are the bedrock of life coaching a bad listener can never become a good coach. The trainer is required to have a media presence such as in social platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram. This helps to build his personal brand
2. Writing skills- He/she should also have a website so that he could post blogs and contact details also an advertisement for his forthcoming seminars.
3. Empathy- to understand the consulter’s problem a coach must have empathy so that he could feel his problems and give proper guidance.
4. Knowledge in the particular field
5. Proper training modules- Modules with agendas must be prepared so that all points in the conversation are covered.
I waited way too long to start my blogging. And it might be one of the biggest regrets of my life.
It’s a wonderful age that we live in, the era in which we can publish ourselves and share our best thoughts with the world, help and guide people through our writing.
Blogging brings self-improvement and personal development; it establishes your authority, builds rapport and engagement and also creates life-changing opportunities.
And most importantly it helps you Make Money. Lots and lots of money, if you do it right.
What makes Blogging and Content creation one of the High-Income skills in India?
Top 10 Bloggers in India and Their Earnings from Blogging
|S. Pradeep Kumar||HellBoundBloggers||$5,000|
There are several ways to monetize a blog
Google AdSense– Display banner ads on your website
Sell Private Ads
Include Affiliate Links in Your Content (Affiliate Marketing)
Sell Digital Products
- Online courses/workshops
- Images, video, or music people can use in their own content
- Apps, plug-ins, or themes
Use it as a Content Marketing Tool for Your Business
Accept Donations on Your Blog
SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCING
With the rise of the digital age, a new skill has emerged that is an ability to influence people decisions through social media posts The more influence a person has the more he gets paid to promote an idea or a product.
What makes Social Media Influencing one of the High-Income skills in India?
Around two-thirds of marketing, departments are looking to increase their budget for influencer marketing over the next year.
And it’s money well spent, for each dollar on influencer marketing, marketers see an average of $7.65 in earned media value returned. On Instagram an estimated market size of nearly $1.7 billion
An Instagram user with 100,000 followers can easily get $5,000 per post. While a top YouTuber can demand up to $300,000.
How to build your influence on social media?
1. Set Your Branding Goals
2. Create viral content
3. Use hashtags
4. Stay up to date with current content
5. Announce contests, events, and accomplishments
6. Collaborate with other influencers
It is important to understand here that merely developing these skills doesn’t guarantee a high income, the focus should also be on developing these skills with Emotional Quotient (E.Q)
People want to know about you, your choices, how many people you have worked with, your past experiences.
Employers nowadays are trying to gauge candidates emotional quotient.
They now believe that the teams will be far more efficient if you have the EQ to navigate the workplace.
So, In today’s world, both hard skills and soft skills should be developed if someone wants to get higher than normal income.
What are your thoughts on this? Please do share them.
And share this on social media